As wedding season moves into full swing, so too goes a new crop of wedding-related reality TV shows. This weekend marked the season premiere of the scream-and-cry-a-thon Bridezillas, as well as the new show Amsale Girls, which stars the staff of a high-end Manhattan bridal boutique. Watching these episodes, we noticed that wedding shows never fail to deliver the crying-in-the-dress shot. Because after all, there are so many reasons for brides to cry. There's happy tears ("It's PERFECT!"), sad tears ("I forgot his ring..."), and delirious tears ("I haven't eaten. I haven't slept. My hair is falling out."). And what could be more tempting than a $7,000, wearable piece of Kleenex to cry on, anyway?
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb