The label just announced Rihanna as its new face for ads shot in New York that will come out this September. The campaign is known for casting some of the sexiest faces in entertainment, including the Beckhams, Megan Fox, and Cristiano Ronaldo. Whether or not Rihanna will get to pose with whips and chains that excite her, and possibly the world (the Beckhams got only a big rope), this is a good direction for the diva. Her deal surely includes a mandate to wear Armani for red carpet appearances, and Rihanna is one of those people that will surely benefit from the pared-down appeal of a good piece of Armani eveningwear. Then again, she could just as easily diva her way into the sort of treatment they gave Lady Gaga. But, man, would it be refreshing for her to seize this opportunity to exercise a little restraint.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate