Last night in the Parisian countryside, all the important fashion people in town for couture gathered at Valentino Garavani's seventeenth-century estate, Le Chateau de Wideville, to raise money for underprivileged Russian kids who need playgrounds. The charity standing to receive money, the Naked Heart Foundation, is model Natalia Vodianova's brainchild. She and Valentino put on a dinner and a fashion show, with looks designed by Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, and the like that were auctioned off to benefit the foundation. This being the "White Fairy Tale Love Ball," and hosted by Valentino, guests like Anne Hathaway wore lots of great white fairy tale Valentino, a look that is also very much on-trend for spring. The event also gave attendees excuses to wear brand-spanking-new couture that debuted just days ago. But you always get characters like Daphne Guinness, who won't — or don't have to, by virtue of being who they are — adhere to the suggested dress code. See all the great white fairy tale-ness, Carine Roitfeld, Anna Dello Russo, and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament