Lace appeared on the fall 2011 runways at Chanel, Jason Wu, Elie Tahari, Valentino, and a slew of others, forecasting a trend that has legs off the runway as well. The scalloped edge of this lace top has a delicate, dated look, but the T-shirt cut keeps it versatile and modern. It’s made of cotton, so it’s soft against the skin rather than scratchy (a problem when comparing cheaper versions from fast-fashion chains). It’s the kind of crossover piece that can be worn on its own now, then paired with a blazer when cooler weather hits.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb