She owns Isabella Blow's entire clothing collection. She was a friend of Alexander McQueen. Tom Ford calls her "one of the — if not the — most stylish women living." If anyone else wore her heels, they'd probably be in the hospital. And on September 16, the Museum at FIT's exhibition of Daphne Guinness's clothing collection begins! It's likely to be the best thing to happen in New York since the Met's McQueen exhibit; Guinness was not only a friend but collector of the late designer's work, pieces of which will be on display at FIT's museum. Guinness is creating images and video for the exhibit, which will also have plenty of photographs of her taken by other world-renowned people. In the slideshow, see a few of the 100 fashion items from her extravagant collection going on display next month.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times