What's Contemporary is a forthcoming online project that picks the brains of editors, photographers, designers, and other fashion industry folk on the subject of modernity, which Love editor Katie Grand isn't so gung ho about. "My taste is so anti-modernist," she says. "I think everything is so referenced; it’s quite difficult to see what's modern lately. There are people who do modern very well, like Nicolas Ghesquiere who is doing amazing new things; using new fabrics, bonding something in a new way, or just finishing stuff in a really modernist way," she explains. Expect to see more of Grand's musings on Love and the industry, as well as a photo diary with more pictures like this one (shown), when the site launches on September 5. [What's Contemporary/Facebook]
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?