Why does Lady Gaga's new single, "Yoü and I" have an umlaut over the u? Because it's a Gaga thing to do: put a hat on anything, even a letter, and never lose sight of how to keep things from making sense. That ethos pretty much sums up the fashion in the single's video, which just came out. Gaga starts off in a strong look, including a wonderful hat affixed with a cascading asymmetrical veil and huge silver-rimmed sunglasses. Mostly, she proceeds to change into other strong looks, including a turn as her alter male ego Joe Calderone, whom she, as girl Gaga in a more forgettable nightgown-esque dress, makes out with toward the end of the video — bringing the inevitability of her making out with herself to fruition. See all her "Yoü and I" looks, including her mermaid tail, signature thong dancing costume, and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times