Last night, before the tackiness of the Video Music Awards, MTV primed audiences with a bonus episode of Jersey Shore. They probably didn't even air it as much for the ratings as a kind way to let viewers' eyes adjust to just how hard on the eyes televised clothes can be. After watching Jersey Shore, something as tacky as the VMAs seems normal. Sadly, last night was a bit of a wash, fashion-wise, since half the episode we had to watch everyone bum around in their house clothes while they gossiped about the Situation banging his head into the wall and sending himself to the hospital. Though this kept the Situation in sweats the entire episode, it thankfully introduced a brand new accessory: the neck brace. Meanwhile, Vinny played with stripes, Sammi's commitment to waist belts strengthened as her relationship with Ronnie dissolved, and Deena dressed like a pilgrim. See those looks and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like