The summer was slow and lazy for the fashion industry, as it tends to be. After the John Galliano trial, the news was about as exciting as a photo of a model lounging next to an air conditioner. Yet photos of models lounging next to air conditioners (and being summery in other ways) were in no short supply, especially while wearing outlandish items of apparel: British Vogue explored the world of novelty swishy pants, Canadian Flare explored the many ways to wear hot yellow, and Dazed & Confused showcased a cape that looked to be made of rainbow-colored rabbit feet. See those spreads, Karlie Kloss looking gorgeous and grown-up, Janelle Monae in a bathtub with Karl Lagerfeld, a truly frightening tan line, and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve