For many fashion people, the closet is a happy place, particularly if you happen to have a walk-in wardrobe full of lovely clothes that your designer friends have gifted to you. It can also be a place to hide things from your significant other (that pair of really expensive shoes that your boyfriend would judge you for buying, for example). Such is the case for Karen Elson, who used her large closet to write songs on the sly because she didn't want her former husband, the White Stripes' Jack White, to know about them. "I didn't ever want Jack to think, 'Oh, God, how am I going to break it to her that she really shouldn't be doing this?'" she says. "I kept it all hidden for so long that it sort of became my dirty little secret." [Vogue UK]
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!