The Alexander McQueen exhibit officially ended during the wee hours of this morning, with many folks lingering well past the museum's special midnight closing time. The Met reported today that the show attracted a total of 661,509 visitors during its three-month run, making it the eighth most-visited exhibit in the museum's history (it broke the record for the most-visited fashion exhibit last weekend). As a fitting tribute, many last-minute attendees wore McQueen items or their own creations, even braving Saturday's rain showers in heels and leather. We were there from 10 p.m. to midnight on Saturday and Sunday to capture the revelry in all its colorful glory.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza