Opening Ceremony, keen on being one of the most insane places to be on Fashion's Night Out for the third year running, has recruited a famous face that is guaranteed to make the hordes bigger and more unruly than ever: the honorable Miss Piggy. Her Pigness, a press release announces today, will make a "fabulous appearance" at the store's Ace Hotel location on the night of September 8 to launch the Muppets x Opening Ceremony collection and pose for photos, all in celebration of the November 23 release of her film The Muppets! in which she plays a French Vogue editor. When Miss Piggy's role was announced, we noted pleasingly that it was merely another step up in the fashion industry's gradual embrace of barnyard animals and their culture, which, in a larger context, demonstrates the fashion industry's democratization of fashion in a way more significant than something like Karl Lagerfeld's Macy's line ever could. With retail aiding the effort, one thing seems clear: The cats shall not stand alone.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like