Opening Ceremony, keen on being one of the most insane places to be on Fashion's Night Out for the third year running, has recruited a famous face that is guaranteed to make the hordes bigger and more unruly than ever: the honorable Miss Piggy. Her Pigness, a press release announces today, will make a "fabulous appearance" at the store's Ace Hotel location on the night of September 8 to launch the Muppets x Opening Ceremony collection and pose for photos, all in celebration of the November 23 release of her film The Muppets! in which she plays a French Vogue editor. When Miss Piggy's role was announced, we noted pleasingly that it was merely another step up in the fashion industry's gradual embrace of barnyard animals and their culture, which, in a larger context, demonstrates the fashion industry's democratization of fashion in a way more significant than something like Karl Lagerfeld's Macy's line ever could. With retail aiding the effort, one thing seems clear: The cats shall not stand alone.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament