Band of Outsiders designer (and Harry Potter fan) Scott Sternberg cited the Australian horror movie Picnic at Hanging Rock as his inspiration for his latest collection, which he described as "creepy, modern and strange." In the film, a group of schoolgirls venture off on a picnic, and are never seen again; Sternberg's references included black straw boater hats, sharply pleated skirts, and crisp button down shirts. Never one to shy away from theatrics, Sternberg ended his show with a burst of candy that fluttered down from the rafters of the Highline overhead.
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Leandra Medine