A Marchesa dress might sit on a mannequin for months before it is ready to be shown, so detailed is the craftsmanship. Yesterday, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig sent 31 beautifully crafted cocktail dresses and evening gowns down a runway at the Palace Hotel. Backstage, Karen Elson practiced walking in the penultimate dress — the biggest in the show — which was still being trimmed and fluffed on its mannequin just before showtime. In the video, hear Craig and Chapman discuss the collection and just how they transport the gowns without ruining all those months of work.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her