An abandoned smallpox hospital on Roosevelt Island is one of the more unusual places to begin work on a fashion show, but that's where Sally LaPointe's spring 2012 collection began LaPointe digitally created prints to look like the hospital's crumbling walls. When looks didn't come in earth tones, they came in neon — which we've seen on many runways so far this season — and black. Now in her third season, LaPointe's business and show has grown significantly, thanks in part to dressing Lady Gaga after finding a fan in her stylist Nicola Formichetti. It certainly isn't hard to see Lady Gaga in one of those long sheer skirts, styled for the runway with only a thong underneath. Hear more from LaPointe — including how her personal beauty routine is like Michele Bachmann's — in the video.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb