If you don't want to wear birds this season, maybe you'd like to wear some cats! In fact, animal prints may not have been as prevalent on New York's spring 2012 runways as prints of animals themselves. What started with cats on the Miu Miu runway that fateful spring 2010 season, led to panthers and dogs on Givenchy's runway, and now birds (at Carolina Herrera and Altuzarra) and more cats (at Victoria by Victoria Beckham) on New York's ... catwalks. So, is this what will get you shopping or are designers choosing the wrong animals? Perhaps you'd prefer a "new take" on the ironic growling-wolf tee?
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate