When a newcomer books an opening or closing slot at Calvin Klein, she instantly becomes a rising star. So look out for more of rookie Josefien Rodermans, the Dutch face who opened and closed for the label — as an exclusive, too! — yesterday (she follows in the footsteps of Toni Garrn and Daphne Groeneveld). Yet we're awarding the daily win to the stunning Kelly Mittendorf, who closed out Marc Jacobs's delightful spring collection. Mittendorf, as you may remember, caused a big preseason buzz with her major breakthrough: Prada's fall 2011 campaign, shot by Steven Meisel. After skipping all the shows earlier in the week, the Phoenix native finally made an appearance at Anna Sui, and then had the honors of closing the biggest — and final — show of New York Fashion Week. See these looks, and more, in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament