At Prabal Gurung's beautiful, Nobuyoshi Araki–inspired spring 2012 show, Danish top model Caroline Brasch Nielsen opened, while Swedish face Frida Gustavsson closed. Over at Altuzarra, Wilhelmina's new face Anna Zanovello booked the first look, while 16-year-old Daphne Groeneveld closed. Meanwhile, casting director Anita Bitton, who selects the models for Alexander Wang, rebooked last year's opener Aymeline Valade for the closing look. But our eyes were fixed on the mysterious newcomer Maria Bradley, who opened Wang's collection. Turns out, the Wichita-native is currently represented by a small, boutique modeling agency in Chicago called Factor. Now that's some hardcore, directional scouting done by Bitton. See these looks, and more, in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel