Hamish Bowles and Mickey Boardman were seatmates at the Cynthia Rowley show last night, where they chatted about Marc's rumored move to Dior. “I love it," Boardman said. "I heard that rumor that Marc was going there, and that Phoebe Philo was going to do Celine and Louis Vuitton, and I think that would be amazing ... originally I thought I'd hate for him to leave Louis Vuitton because he's done such a genius job there, but then Hal Rubenstein mentioned to me it would be amazing for Marc to do couture." He wants to make this happen. "I totally support Marc Jacobs for Dior. Tell Mr. Arnault that I say that ... Or no — I can't even pronounce it, let alone tell him how I feel." Bowles was characteristically more subdued in his endorsement: "I think that [Jacobs's] work is so referential in an exciting way, he can take a reference and do something intriguing with it, so it would be exciting to see him unleashed on such an astonishing archive as that house."
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It To 'Saturday'
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel