It is said that Milan Fashion Week is the toughest place for a newcomer to book big-name shows. Such was the case this season, as the rookies were shut out by tried-and-true favorites. Russian face Daria Strokous had a stellar showing, bookmarking both the Jil Sander and Alberta Ferretti shows, as well as closing out MaxMara. Meanwhile, 21-year-old Karmen Pedaru opened for Roberto Cavalli, D&G, and Moschino. Even Madame Miuccia (who typically casts newbies for Prada's first look) went with early-aughts model Querelle Jansen. But it is Russian power-stomper Natasha Poly who ultimately takes the win, with closing spots for Cavalli, Prada, and Gucci, along with an opening slot for Ferragamo. That's quite a feat for the 26-year-old, who has been in the biz for nearly a decade and shows no sign of losing momentum. See all of Poly's looks, and more, in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season