Peplum skirts, often associated with the hourglass shapes of the forties and the power suits of the eighties, are getting reinvented for next spring. Cushnie et Ochs added a futuristic spin to the look, affixing a reflective metal disc to a sleek white pencil skirt. Over at Jason Wu, the designer kept to his signature ladylike aesthetic, showing a gauzy organza peplum skirt in a soft pink. And Gaga-favorite Sally LaPointe transformed a printed minidress with tiers over the hips.
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra