Paris Fashion Week is in full swing and, apparently, it's unseasonably hot. Like, in the eighties and glaring-sun hot. We've heard reports of editors freaking out about bringing the wrong clothes, and supposedly Net-a-Porter is even running a special express delivery service to hotels for editors who didn't pack for the heat wave. But we're seeing many a brave fashion soul defying the temperatures, most brazenly by wearing leather. Marie Claire's Taylor Tomasi Hill stepped out in a sheath dress made from the material, while Town and Country's Sophie Pera went for Jim Morrison–esque skinny trousers. Anna Dello Russo and Averyl Oates, the buying director at Harvey Nichols, also opted to sweat it out. However, lightweight leather was a big trend on last spring's runways, so these ensembles are actually pretty well-suited for the Indian summer. See these looks, and more — like a photo of Cecilia Dean looking more unabashedly girlish than we ever have, in a blue floral frock — in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth