In the middle of a dull New York Fashion Week came a dull episode of The Rachel Zoe Project. It's wonderful that her line has taken off, but we already knew it would take off before last night's episode, which was about how it was going to take off. Rachel got to shoot her WWD cover and show her line to a small group of editors and buyers in New York. That was nice and all, but where was the drama? Somehow, her stress has yet to manifest in her new gay male underling, as it did when Brad started, and we barely saw any of the initial baby clothes shopping. But there were still a few lessons in fashion and life.
Things We Learned About Life
• Mandanna might be younger than we thought. Much younger. When Rodger tells her that she looks very Material Girl, she does not compute. "I don’t know what that means," she says. It means your name is two letters off from being Madonna, obvi!
Things We Learned About Fashion
• "We’re showing to WWD," Rodger says. "They are the most influential fashion magazine out there.” Oh weird. We thought that the paper it was made from was the same stuff that the Post is made from, and that having ink come off on your hands made it a newspaper. But Rodger knows more about fashion than everyone, except maybe Rachel, and even that can't be confirmed at this point.
• Apparently, one shouldn't need to ask what kind of jewelry should be pulled for Rachel Zoe's fashion presentation — but not for the reason we originally thought. Jeremiah asks if he should get simple stuff, and Mandanna wonders why he even asks since "it's so easy a monkey could do it." Since when does Rachel like simple jewelry? But, apparently, for this presentation, that's what she wanted.
• Jeremiah learns there are, like, many different shades of gold, such as rose, yellow, and silver, which is called "gilver." That is definitely the name of a celebrity's unborn baby.
• Doing photo shoots with other real models is not fun, even in this age of retouching. "It’s like insecurity on the highest level," Rachel says when it's her turn to have her picture taken, even though she always looks good in photos.
• Rachel: "Getting dressed pregnant takes a lot longer."
• Questioning Jeremiah's lack of styling experience, Joey says: "A couch is a completely different thing than a dress."
• As a celebrity or stylist with no formal design training, a good way to go about your first presentation of a clothing line is to keep it small and provide narration. This makes it feel exclusive (read: important, fancy, and extra special) and proves that you can talk intelligently about the clothes. Of course, if you can't talk intelligently about the clothes, you're screwed. Rachel can, and now her line is doing very well.
Most Viewed Stories
Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutUh-Oh, Is Rob Kardashian Feuding With Kylie Jenner?
Or, at least someone is trying to make it seem that way.Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Lester Holt also interrupted Hillary Clinton 15 times.Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
She eviscerated Trump.Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Are Separating After 11 Years Together
“The best way forward for us as a family is to separate as a couple.”Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
Preview the book Brigid Berlin: Polaroids.Morning Sickness May Suck, But It’s Actually a Sign of a Healthy Pregnancy
An upside to the nausea.2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
Vogue called blogging “pathetic,” and bloggers were not pleased.I Can’t Believe I Like This Victoria’s Secret Beauty Product
And why you’ll love it, too.Cheap Thrill: The Perfect Pair of High-Waisted Jeans
Swedish denim label Dr. Denim is here to make denim shopping a lot easier.Vanderpump Rules Drama Is the Only Constant in This Crazy Thing We Call Life
Season five arrives on November 7.
Her new show Conviction premieres next Monday on ABC.5 Things on Sale That You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From Saint Laurent Jeans to an Isabel Marant Sweater
We dug through the internet to bring you some great deals.Here’s One Reason Why Women Are Underrepresented in Politics
It starts at the local level.Rob Kardashian Meets Chyna’s Parents and They All Take a Trip to a Strip Club
They also have a Fourth of July block party.My Favorite Fruit-Shaped Hand Cream Doubles As a Pill Holder
Can also hold gum, almonds, and paper-clips.Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
It was a good effort.A Weekend of Hair Envy With Rubi Jones
Including an impromptu Weasley family look for a Potter-themed party.All It Took for Anti-Vaxxer to Admit She Was Wrong Was Her Entire Family Getting Sick
Rotavirus made her change her tune.Aparna Nancherla on Sad Girl Twitter, Period Tech, and Vocal Fry
The comedian has a new season of Womanhood coming out soon.Tom Hiddleston Caught Deep in Conversation With a Dog
Hiddleston's canine companions steal the show in his new Gucci ads.