Many models have a particularly famous feature — Cindy Crawford's mole, Lindsey Wixson's mouth, Lara Stone's breasts — but a smile is usually not one of them. That's where 21-year-old Arizona Muse breaks ground with her arresting, cheek-to-cheek grin. The Santa Fe native got her big break early this year with a prominent campaign for Yves Saint Laurent, which depicted her with the icy model expression that's so common in fashion shoots today. But then, after Anna Wintour gave Muse her stamp of approval, the model appeared in two American Vogue spreads with a genuinely joyful-looking grin on her face. She's now shot more often with a smile than without — as seen in her current ads for David Yurman and next month's cover of French Vogue. See the evolution of "The Arizona" in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives