After years of treading around in the ubiquitous ballet flat, fall’s flat silhouette is the loaferlike slipper: still comfortable, for days when you want to give your heels a rest, but with a slightly nattier shape. Though they’ve been done up in velvet, glitter, metallics, and animal prints, it’s difficult to get much day-to-day longevity out of a wildly patterned shoe. Jeffrey Campbell renders the slip-on in classic black leather, so it can be paired as easily with bold color and prints as it can with neutrals. The 1.5-inch heel gives you a bit of a leg-lengthening boost and offers more pavement-pounding support than thin-soled flats.
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season