Fern Mallis, who is widely credited for organizing New York Fashion Week through IMG and now owns her own consulting company (IMG remains a top client), shared her thoughts on the scuffle with Milan over the show schedule. "If I put my money on it and guess, I think maybe they will get together and move New York up a few days," she told The Wall Street Journal. "We've shifted in the past. On the one-year anniversary of 9/11, we made a deal with London because no one wanted to show. Ultimately the dates are what caused fashion week to be evicted from Bryant Park." So in other words, dates have been changed before, and they'll get changed again. The biggest issue this time is that Americans have Labor Day weekend at stake. Not that many fashion people get to take that off anyway, but the idea of officially losing a holiday (and our very last beach opportunity, at that) to New York Fashion Week makes Mario Boselli seem very cruel indeed.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve