It may be pouring outside, but it was all strappy sandals, hydrangea bouquets, and straw hats at Madewell’s spring 2012 preview this morning. The upcoming collection expands on some of this year’s trends, including loads of stripes, loose knits, polka-dot prints, and pleats. Skirts are still skewing longer — midi- to maxi-length — and cropped trousers in flashy prints replace last season's neon skinny jeans. This being Madewell, denim and chambray pair with everything, playing off the eye-popping colors and girlish florals. The accessories selection brings an array of pointed-toe flats, colorful straw fedoras, peep-toe wedges, and mini cross-body bags. The collection will start to trickle into stores in February and March. Click ahead for a preview.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her