At its biannual board meeting yesterday, the CFDA elected Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez to their board, which has 26 members. All three designers received CFDA awards this past year, so now that that's out of the way it's good timing for them to join. Meanwhile, Nicole Miller, John Bartlett, and Richard Lambertson left the board to make way for the newbies; of course, they get to join a special "emeritus" board rather than being shoved in with the hoi polloi of regular CFDA members. None of the new additions are particularly surprising; the Proenza boys have been lobbying hard on behalf of the CFDA's efforts to establish stronger anti-knockoff legislation in Congress, and Marc Jacobs is, well, Marc Jacobs.
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000