After a whirlwind month of over 450 shows and presentations, the sheer volume of clothes is enough to drive anyone to do a post-Fashion Week detox. But now it’s time to break down all the looks and spot the trends that will be splashed across glossy editorials several months from now. So what does spring 2012 hold? You might be doing the Charleston, for starters, as dresses came with razzle-dazzle embellishments and drop-waists, reminiscent of the great Jazz Age. Pastels were another runway staple — skirts, shirts, jackets, and blouses all looked like they got dipped in Easter egg dye. And sportswear got a little more literal, with designers riffing on silhouettes and playing with materials more suited to the locker room than the catwalk. There are also lots of new creative ways to bare some skin come the hot weather, courtesy of crop tops, cutouts, and (really) short-shorts. See all these looks and more in our mega slideshow of the biggest trends of the season.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- What the Times’s ‘Case for Filth’ Gets Wrong
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 69 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time
- Lindsay Lohan Implicated in Hilton Bro Beating
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob