• Get beauty and skin-care advice from Nars makeup artist Lucinda Baretto during a private consultation. Shoppers will receive gifts with a Nars purchase of more than $75. Bloomingdale’s, 504 Broadway, nr. Broome St. (212-729-5900); noon-6. Call 212-729-5124 to schedule an appointment.
• Join World Yacht for the annual Beauty Brunch for the Cure to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Sip champagne while you enjoy the brunch buffet on the main deck, then receive beauty treatments from participants like Bliss 57, Vincent Longo, and John Barrett Salon. There will also be a raffle, gift bags, and desserts from Sugar Flower Cake shop. World Yacht, Pier 81, nr. 41st St.; boarding 11:30, sailing noon-2. Tickets ($59) can be purchased at worldyacht.com.
• Celebrate fifteen years of Bliss at Sephora locations around the city with free facials, lip treatments, skin consultations, and other goodies each remaining Saturday in October. Sephora Times Square, 1500 Broadway #304; 10/15 (1-7). Sephora Flatiron, 119 Fifth Ave.; 10/22 (1-7). Sephora SoHo, 555 Broadway; 10/29 (1-7).
• Watch as cyclists dressed in traditional cycling gear from the thirties and forties bike through Lower Manhattan and Williamsburg during the Ralph Lauren Rugby–sponsored Tweed Run (the first to be held in New York City). Other scheduled events include smaller scenic bike rides, an antique photo booth, saddle polishing, and a mustache contest. 99 University Pl. (212-677-1895); 11-3.
• Browse a selection of discounted vintage winter coats, ranging in price from $80 to $140, and other items culled from a recent buying trip in London. Strawser + Smith, 487 Driggs Ave., btwn Ninth and Tenth Streets, Williamsburg (718-388-7600). Sa-Su (noon-7).
• Furniture, lighting, and décor showroom floor samples are up to 60 percent off at Artek's first-ever sample sale. 199 Lafayette St., nr. Broome St., Ste. 5D; S (10-6), Su (noon-5).
• Shop discounted vintage coats at the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering's Thrift Shop's luxury coat sale. Prices range from $50 for down jackets to $450 for wool and cashmere coats. Labels include Giorgio Armani, Max Mara, Brooks Brothers, Burberry, and more. MSK Thrift Shop, 1440 Third Ave., nr. 81st St. (212-535-1250); S (11-5), Su (noon-5).
• Check out unique fall fashion and jewelry by local New York designers when they showcase their work for a limited time at the Independent Designer Pop Shop. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 16th St. (646-732-6877); 11-8.
• Eighteen-karat gold and sterling silver jewelry is 50 to 70 percent off at the Judith Ripka sample sale. Doubletree Metopolitan New York, 569 Lexington Ave., nr. 51st St.; F (10-6), S (10-5).