• Join Andrew Bolton, the curator of the Costume Institute at the Met, as he discusses the hugely popular exhibit Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty. The lecture will explore McQueen’s designs and his contributions to fashion and culture; attendees will also be able to purchase a signed copy of the exhibit book. The Museum at F.I.T., Seventh Ave., nr. 27th St. (212-217-4558); 6 p.m.
• Have a girls' night out and take your friends to “Wine, Jokes and Jewelry,” an evening of performances by Stand Up NY’s female comedians that will include wine tastings, hors d’oeuvre, and great deals on fall jewelry. 236 W. 78th St., nr. Broadway; 6:30-9:30. Tickets ($45) are available at giltcity.com.
• Get 40 to 75 percent off retail prices on leather bags, clutches, and accessories at the Adrienne Landau sample sale. 519 Eighth Ave., 21st fl., btw. 35th and 36th Streets; T-Th (10-6).
• Handbags, totes, clutches, wallets, and small leather goods are up to 80 percent off at the MCM sample sale. Flatotel, 137 W. 52nd St., nr. Seventh Ave., fifth fl., Ste. B (212-729-9069); T-Th (10-6).
• Get 50 to 70 percent off kids' clothing at the Children's Designer Sample Sale, featuring brands including Hugo Boss, Roberto Cavalli, Baby Dior, and Miss Sixty. 128 W. 37th St., btw. Seventh Ave. and Broadway. M (noon-6:30); T-F (10-6:30).
• Get 20 percent off home and office furniture for twenty days at Blu Dot's annual 20/20 sale. 140 Wooster St. (212-780-9058); through 11/8.
• All in-stock lighting at Jonathan Adler is 15 percent off through October 31. 304 Columbus Ave., at 74th St. (212-787-0017); see other locations here.