"When you're this established and you grow anyway, you're doing more than a few things right," Ad Age says of Vogue, which tops the list of its top ten magazines of the year, beating out Time (no. 2), and Food Network magazine (no. 3). Ad Age credits Vogue's ad page and newsstand sales increases — 9 percent for January through October, and 13 percent over the first half of the year, respectively — partly to the Lady Gaga cover, something many fashion and beauty titles did long before Vogue, though not to the same fanfare. The magazine says the other part of Vogue's success can be seen in the September issue, which "killed again with 584 ad pages." Also: "Vogue's role off the page — most recently with the latest installment of Fashion's Night Out — keeps expanding as well." Fashion's Night Out has been rumored to not be coming back for another installment, but perhaps no other magazine has the clout to pull the event off for as long as Vogue has.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve