You may be tiring of hearing TV stylists use the word “color-pop” as a verb, but that’s exactly what these handmade, vegetable-dyed Brackney leather belts can do to a drab winter wardrobe. At $38 each, the unisex cinchers, which come in six shades, make for an overachieving small holiday gift. And because they’re available at Alter’s recently up-and-running online store (alterbrooklyn.com) in addition to the Brooklyn chainlet’s three bricks-and-mortar locations, you don’t even have to buckle your own belt to buy them. For more intel on how to support New York businesses from the familiar confines of your laptop screen, go here. Plus, LED holiday lights, better hostess gifts, and more in this week's issue. [NYM]
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time