A friend of The Cut received this junk mail pamphlet from The Economist the other day, urging her to subscribe, so she snapped a picture and sent it our way. As you can see, it reads, "Why should women read The Economist? They shouldn't." And on the next page: "Accomplished, influential people should read us. People like you." They surely mean for this to be a real knee-slapper of a joke, but oh wait! It isn't. Right about now you're probably thinking it's a good thing you only subscribe to that magazine when you have airline miles to use up since you certainly don't need them to remind you what year it is again.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel