For over twenty years, Dazed & Confused has been on the forefront of contemporary fashion, art, music, and design. Launched in 1991 by Jefferson Hack and photographer Rankin, the British magazine has since profiled an eclectic mix of artists in its pages, including Björk, Michael Haneke, Yves Saint Laurent, Susan Sontag, and Beyoncé. In Rizzoli’s Making It Up As We Go Along, available for purchase today, the magazine collects its most memorable covers, controversial editorials, and groundbreaking interviews from over the years. This book is a must-have for fashion magazine obsessives. We complied ten of our favorite images (which was not easy) from the book in the NSFW slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix