At the launch party for Style.com/Printat Indochine on Wednesday, cover girl Lindsey Wixson talked about what it was like for photographer Theo Wenner to photograph her in her hometown of Wichita, Kansas. "We just sort of hung out and took pictures. It wasn’t really a big deal. I did my own makeup. I did my own hair," she explained. The new magazine is configured like a yearbook, with fashion people categorized by superlatives like "best dressed" and "party animals"; Lindsey agrees that the industry can indeed feel a lot like high school. "I feel sort of like I'm in class when I go to shows. Because they tell us, ‘This is how we’re going to walk!’ And if you fuck it up ... " She laughed. "Your marks will be slashed."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat