• Check out 80%20’s herringbone boots and other new styles at an in-store event at Shoe Market, where attendees will enjoy music, wine and beer, and the chance to meet the designer behind the shoes, Ce Ce Chin. Plus, shoppers will receive 15 percent off any holiday 2011 style purchased that evening. 160 N. 6th St., nr. Bedford Ave., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-8495); 6–8.
• Meet Lake Bell when you kick off the holiday season at the unveiling of Henri Bendel's holiday windows. Guests can drink champagne, shop the new designer collections, and enjoy a performance by the inspiration behind the window design: the Rockettes. And in the spirit of giving, 10 percent of the evening’s proceeds will benefit FINCA’s Lend a Hand campaign. 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St., second fl. (212-247-1100); 6–8.
• Learn about the influence of fragrance on identity, memory, and desire at "Le Parfum: The Power of Fragrance," a panel discussion moderated by Jane Larkworthy, beauty director of W magazine, as part of the French Institute Alliance Française's fall Art de Vivre series. Tickets are $25 ($20 for FIAF Members) and can be purchased at fiaf.org. 22 E. 60th St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-355-6100); 7.
• Get tips and tricks from makeup experts at the grand opening of Bobbi Brown’s third-floor studio at Bloomingdale's. Book a private lesson with one of the beauty experts, and you’ll get a custom face chart to help you apply makeup like a pro. Call 212-705-3341 to book an appointment. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–10.
• Spend the evening with designer Ben Taverniti and browse Hudson Jeans’ latest collection at an evening co-hosted by Nylon magazine. There will be a D.J. performing live music, and shoppers will receive a special tote with their Hudson purchase. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
• Let the Aveda pros show you how to use heat styling tools to achieve the perfect hairstyle. Guests will meet one-on-one with a stylist to learn the proper techniques to get the most out of their blow dryers, curling irons, and straighteners. There will be wine, hors d’oeuvres, and an Aveda gift bag full of makeup and styling products to take home. Plus, shoppers who purchase $50 worth of products will get $50 off an Aveda haircut; purchase $75 and get a free haircut or single process color. Tickets ($35) are available at urbangirlsquad.com. Aveda, 20 Vandam St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-524-2400); 7–9.
• Cowboy boots are $50 (originally $225) and apparel is $10 to $25 (originally $50 to $200) at the Stetson sample sale. 263 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., tenth fl.; Th–F (11–4).
• Tops are $35 to $45, skirts are $45, dresses are $65, and jackets are $70 at the Lafayette 148 sample sale. 148 Lafayette St., nr. Howard St. (646-922-1799); Th (9–7), F (9–6).
• Shop discounted clothing, shoes, and accessories from DSquared, Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and more at the Staff USA sample sale. 220 W. 19th St., nr. Seventh Ave., twelvth fl. (646-613-8457); Th (1–7), F (10–7), S (noon–5).
• Shop discounted menswear from Oliver Spencer, Gilded Age, George McCracken, and more at the Peregrine Showroom sample sale. 89 Fifth Ave., Ste. 902; Th–S (10–6).
• The Alexandre Hercovitch Joy brogues are $50 (originally $100), the Vivienne Westwood Ultragirl flats are $60 (originally $135), and the Melissa Cirque booties are $80 (originally $260) at the Melissa shoes sample sale. 520 W. 27th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 601; Th–F (noon–8), S (11–3).
• One-of-a-kind samples are $35 to $50 at the Tracy Reese fall sample and stock sale. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., eleventh fl.; W–Th (9–7).
• Take up to 75 percent off women's separates, swimwear, and dresses at the Shoshanna sample sale. 231 W. 39th St., Ste. 422; W (10-6:30), Th (10-6).
• Exotic skin and leather bags are 50 to 80 percent off at the Kara Ross sample sale. 225 W. 37th St., nr. Seventh Ave., fifteenth fl. (212-920-1211); T–Th (10–6).
• Take up to 70 percent off retail prices on women's dresses, pants, tops, and jackets at the Tibi sample sale. Happy Monkey Studio, 348 W. 36th St., ground fl. (212-290-5306); W (noon-7), Th (10-7), F (10-3).
• Leather cuffs with pave detailing are $35 to $90 (originally $85 to $215), cubic zirconia necklaces are $95 (originally $250), and embellished solid brass animal rings are $25 to $95 (originally $70 to $275) at the Noir sample sale. 350 W. 38th St., nr. Ninth Ave., fifth fl. (212-244-4846); W–F (10–7).
• All men's and women's clothing and accessories are up to 80 percent off at the Gant fall/winter sample sale. Oxford, poplin, and madras shirts are $30 (originally $99 to $250), blazers and outerwear are $100 (originally $495 to $1,595), sweaters are $35 (originally $135 to 350), and ties, hats, and scarves are $20. 20 W. 55th St., nr. Fifth Ave., eleventh fl.; W–T (8:30–6:30), F (8:30–5).
• Browse discounted vintage and designer labels at the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering's Thrift Shop's Holiday Bazaar. Highlights include $140 Manolo Blahnik gold sandal heels, a Missoni wool dress for $950 (new with tags), and an Alexander McQueen dress suit for $675. Proceeds will benefit the Society's patient care, research, and education programs. 1440 Third Ave., nr 81st St. (212-535-1250); W (10-7), Th-F (10-5:30), Sa (11-5), Su (noon-5).