• Former French Vogue editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld will sign copies of her new book, Irreverent, at Bookmarc. Champagne will be provided by Veuve Cliquot, and Marc Jacobs himself is rumored to make an appearance. Bookmarc, 200 Bleecker St. (212-620-4021); 6-8.
• Celebrate the opening of Patagonia’s new concept store on the Upper West Side with a hot cup of apple cider and an exclusive preview of Sweetgrass Film’s Solitaire: A South American Ski Film. The film will be followed by a Q&A with director Nick Waggoner, and there will be live music, food, and giveaways all evening. Patagonia Tin Shed, 2625 Broadway, nr. 99th St. (212-865-2693); 6:30 p.m.
• Take 50 to 75 percent off Spring & Clifton's autumn knit collection, including sweaters, cardigans, capes, separates, and outwear accessories like hats and scarves. Court, 178 Mulberry St., nr. Broome St. (212-925-1022); F-Su (noon-8).
• Cowboy boots are $50 (originally $225) and apparel is $10 to $25 (originally $50 to $200) at the Stetson sample sale. 263 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., tenth fl.; Th–F (11–4).
• Tops are $35 to $45, skirts are $45, dresses are $65, and jackets are $70 at the Lafayette 148 sample sale. 148 Lafayette St., nr. Howard St. (646-922-1799); Th (9–7), F (9–6).
• Take up to 70 percent off retail prices on women's dresses, pants, tops, and jackets at the Tibi sample sale. Happy Monkey Studio, 348 W. 36th St., ground fl. (212-290-5306); W (noon-7), Th (10-7), F (10-3).
• Leather cuffs with pave detailing are $35 to $90 (originally $85 to $215), cubic zirconia necklaces are $95 (originally $250), and embellished solid brass animal rings are $25 to $95 (originally $70 to $275) at the Noir sample sale. 350 W. 38th St., nr. Ninth Ave., fifth fl. (212-244-4846); W–F (10–7).
• All men's and women's clothing and accessories are up to 80 percent off at the Gant fall/winter sample sale. Oxford, poplin, and madras shirts are $30 (originally $99 to $250), blazers and outerwear are $100 (originally $495 to $1,595), sweaters are $35 (originally $135 to 350), and ties, hats, and scarves are $20. 20 W. 55th St., nr. Fifth Ave., eleventh fl.; W–T (8:30–6:30), F (8:30–5).
• Shop discounted clothing, shoes, and accessories from DSquared, Maison Martin Margiela, Viktor & Rolf, and more at the Staff USA sample sale. 220 W. 19th St., nr. Seventh Ave., twelvth fl. (646-613-8457); Th (1–7), F (10–7), Sa (noon–5).
• Shop discounted menswear from Oliver Spencer, Gilded Age, George McCracken, and more at the Peregrine Showroom sample sale. 89 Fifth Ave., Ste. 902; Th–Sa (10–6).
• The Alexandre Hercovitch Joy brogues are $50 (originally $100), the Vivienne Westwood Ultragirl flats are $60 (originally $135), and the Melissa Cirque booties are $80 (originally $260) at the Melissa shoes sample sale. 520 W. 27th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 601; Th–F (noon–8), Sa (11–3).
• Browse discounted vintage and designer labels at the Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering's Thrift Shop's Holiday Bazaar. Highlights include $140 Manolo Blahnik gold sandal heels, a Missoni wool dress for $950 (new with tags), and an Alexander McQueen dress suit for $675. Proceeds will benefit the Society's patient care, research, and education programs. 1440 Third Ave., nr 81st St. (212-535-1250); W (10-7), Th-F (10-5:30), Sa (11-5), Su (noon-5).
Most Viewed Stories
Why Everyone Loves the Alpha Girl
Will We Abandon Women’s Rights in the Name of Progressive Politics?
When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It
Is This the Weirdest Taylor Swift Romance Rumor Yet?
Why Are All the Gays Still Obsessed With Big Little Lies?
Steve Bannon Unironically Referred to Megyn Kelly As ‘The Devil’
A Funny Thing Happens When Women Begin to Outearn Their Husbands
The 26-Year-Old Couch-Surfing After a Breakup
Girlboss Will Make You Nostalgic, But Maybe Not in a Good Way
Here’s Chelsea Clinton Responding to an Awkward Joke About Her Mom
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.