• Join the Phoenix House Foundation as they pay tribute to exceptional leaders in the fashion and retail industries at the 2011 Fashion Award Dinner. Tickets are available at phoenixhouse.org. Pier Sixty, Chelsea Piers, West Side Hwy. at 23rd St. (212-336-6666); 6:30-9:30.
• Hear from a diverse panel of top fashion industry professionals at the Creative Minds Salon’s Round Table. Learn about the relationship between fashion and culture, the effect of economic circumstances on fashion, and how these factors influence industry members, businesses, and the market. Tickets ($65) can be purchased at eventbrite.com. Tribeca Grand, 2 Sixth Ave., nr. White St. (212-519-6600); 7-10.
• Get an individual skin-care and makeup lesson featuring new holiday looks at an evening hosted by Fresh and Make Up For Ever. Guests will enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres, receive tips from the pros, and leave with a goody bag full of Fresh and Make Up For Ever samples. Tickets ($30) can be purchased at urbangirlsquad.com. Fresh, 872 Broadway, nr. 18th St. (212-477-1100); 7:30-9:30.
• Surface to Air men's and women's samples and items from past seasons will be 60 to 80 percent off retail at their two-day sample sale. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 16th St.; W-Th (10:30-7).
• Get 20 percent off home and office furniture for twenty days at Blu Dot's annual 20/20 sale. 140 Wooster St. (212-780-9058); through 11/8.
Most Viewed Stories
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
Connecticut Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
The Obamas Visited Malia and Sasha’s Old Swing Set at Its New Home at a D.C. Shelter
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
How to Live in a 150-Square-Foot Studio
Hairstylist Says She Was Asked to Do Marla Maples’s and Tiffany Trump’s Inauguration Day Hair for Free
Donald Trump’s Retweet Was Supposed to Praise Ivanka Trump, But It Tagged the Wrong User
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.