• Join the Phoenix House Foundation as they pay tribute to exceptional leaders in the fashion and retail industries at the 2011 Fashion Award Dinner. Tickets are available at phoenixhouse.org. Pier Sixty, Chelsea Piers, West Side Hwy. at 23rd St. (212-336-6666); 6:30-9:30.
• Hear from a diverse panel of top fashion industry professionals at the Creative Minds Salon’s Round Table. Learn about the relationship between fashion and culture, the effect of economic circumstances on fashion, and how these factors influence industry members, businesses, and the market. Tickets ($65) can be purchased at eventbrite.com. Tribeca Grand, 2 Sixth Ave., nr. White St. (212-519-6600); 7-10.
• Get an individual skin-care and makeup lesson featuring new holiday looks at an evening hosted by Fresh and Make Up For Ever. Guests will enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres, receive tips from the pros, and leave with a goody bag full of Fresh and Make Up For Ever samples. Tickets ($30) can be purchased at urbangirlsquad.com. Fresh, 872 Broadway, nr. 18th St. (212-477-1100); 7:30-9:30.
• Surface to Air men's and women's samples and items from past seasons will be 60 to 80 percent off retail at their two-day sample sale. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 16th St.; W-Th (10:30-7).
• Get 20 percent off home and office furniture for twenty days at Blu Dot's annual 20/20 sale. 140 Wooster St. (212-780-9058); through 11/8.
Most Viewed Stories
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Guess What? Americans Love Planned Parenthood
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
Witness a Photographer’s Affair With Los Angeles
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
This Santa Monica Loft Is a Neon Escape From New York Winters
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
The Fashion Spot
10 Genius Mascara Hacks That Will Change Your Life
7 Eyebrow Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Immediately
Confessions of a Coffee Non-Drinker
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesOutfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.