• Celebrate the opening of a new Ted Baker shop at Bloomingdale’s with Nigel Barker, and catch a sneak preview of his documentary Dreams Are Not Forgotten. Enjoy martinis and chocolates courtesy of Hotel Chocolat and music by D.J. Kalkutta. Plus, shoppers who spend $150 or more will receive a free gift and a photo with Nigel to take home that evening. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6-8.
• Join Wool and the Gang for Knit Night, an evening hosted by the Soho-based retailer where guests can either bring their own knitting project and ask for tips, or purchase a Wool and the Gang Knitting Kit to learn how to make their own cozy winter wardrobe. All levels of knitting expertise are welcome, and guests will receive 10 percent off their purchases. Wool and the Gang, 98 Thompson St., nr. Prince St. (212-966-9266); 6-9.
• Discover perfumes dating as far back as the first century when noted osmocurator Christophe Laudamiel of Versaille's Osmothèque fragrance archive presents "A Scent of History", the first event in FIAF's Le Parfum: The Power of Fragrance series. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased by phone or online. FIAF, Le Skyroom, 22 E. 60th St., nr. Park Ave. (800-982-2787); 7.
• Get complimentary skin consultations, wine, and refreshments at Walker's Apothecary's beauty extravaganza. Skin-care guru Shalea Walker will be on hand to create custom-blended perfumes, body lotions, and shea butters. Corrente, 179 Orchard St., nr. Houston St. (212-228-2267); 6-9.
• Rx Art will host a half-off pop-up shop this week featuring original art, artist-designed puzzles, and coloring books. Proceeds from sold items will benefit the nonprofit's mission to place fine art in hospitals. 208 Forsyth St.; Th (6-8), F-Sa (10-6), Su (noon-6).
• Get 20 percent off home and office furniture for twenty days at Blu Dot's annual 20/20 sale. 140 Wooster St. (212-780-9058); through 11/8.
Most Viewed Stories
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Kim Kardashian Might Vote for Donald Trump
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
If You See Brad Pitt As a Fallen Hero, It’s Because the Rules Have Changed
Kylie Jenner’s Getting Sucked Into Tyga’s Debt Problems
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
Bask in the Glory of This Dramatic Email Sent to a UCLA Freshman by Her Future Roommate
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.