After so many seasons of underwear as outerwear, the onset of this decade finally caused some women to gravitate toward the opposite sort of look: conservative, butch, and mannish suiting, denim, and outerwear. And in fact, if you want the real thing, shopping directly from the men's department is a viable option for chicks wanting to mix a few pieces of man things in with their lady things to create a very current look. We visited Club Monaco's new Made in America shop-in-shop, curated by A Continuous Lean blogger Michael Williams, to style some fall looks on Cut editor Amy Odell with a little help from the store's vice-president of men's design, Aaron Levine. Only two women's pieces from the store and one pair of heels were used to create these looks.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb