A ring of drug smugglers were arrested in Barcelona, Spain, last week for selling cocaine molded into the shape of Manolo Blahnik heels. Traffickers had been shipping the "shoes" from Colombia to Barcelona and then selling them on the street throughout Europe for the past two years. (They'd grind the drugs back into powder first, which makes sense, but is much less exciting. What would happen if someone tried to put them on?) Each pair was reportedly made up of about $70,000 worth of coke, which makes them about 70 times as valuable as real Manolos. The Post gleefully points out that the heist "was the ultimate in 'high' end footwear"; one might add that it brings a whole new meaning to the term "drug mule."
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000