• HuffPo writer Rabbi Shmuely Boteach makes a case for beards: "Men with beards are empowered with the capacity to lead. And don't go shaking your head in dismissal. This is a fact that can be easily demonstrated through a number of primary factors." [HuffPo]
• And Lady Gaga now has a really long ponytail. [Kiss and Makeup]
• Fashionista spoke with an anonymous retoucher who'd worked on a cosmetics campaign featuring Rihanna, which apparently, "by the end [of the retouching process] looked like an 'illustration,' even though the clients started out saying they wanted a 'natural' look." [Fashionista]
• Men now use skin-care products, says the NYT, because they, "associate healthy-looking skin less with vanity than with professionalism." [NYT]
• Two former Avon CEOs are criticizing Andrea Jung's decision to remain at the company as executive chairman after tendering her own resignation as CEO. [WSJ]
• In what's probably related to her new contract with Broadway Nails, Nicole Scherzinger says a manicure is her backstage must: "Nails are a great way to express one’s individuality and style. Since my nails are always in view when I’m singing or holding a microphone, I want to make sure they look perfect." [InStyle]
• Frankincense trees are nearly extinct, oh no! [Racked]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Guess Who Renovated This Grand Upper West Side Penthouse
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
The Internet of Parents Is Miserable and I Love It
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
From Our Partners
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
The 21 Sexiest Chuck Bass Moments of All Time
Next Week/This Week: Watching the Watchmen
Anna Wintour Acknowledges Kim and Kanye Are Not 'Tasteful'
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesEven Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.Margiela Did Crazy Beauty, Again
Glam rock meets geisha meets nestlike hair.Dump Someone If You Hate Their Smell
And other revelations from the Hermès perfumers.All You’re Going to Want for Christmas Is Mariah’s M.A.C Collaboration
A Dreamlover of a beauty collection.Do I Make This Quesadilla Look Fat?
A new study suggests that weight bias affects how we perceive food info online.Want Soft Hands? The Olsen Twins Can Help.
Their latest beauty launch is surprisingly effective.The Angelina Jolie of China on Fame and Power
A rare interview with activist actress Yao Chen.Mindy Kaling’s Book Is Full of Beauty Wisdom
Six of our favorite insights.How to Look Amazing in Under 10 Minutes
A makeup artist's everyday skin routine.