In honor of its 50th anniversary in 2012, the CFDA has paired up with the Museum at F.I.T. to mount an exhibit of over 100 garments and accessories designed by CFDA members past and present, including Bill Blass, Michael Kors, Thom Browne, Norman Norell, and many more. Curator Patricia Mears will select which designers to include in the show; all the living participants will submit a single item or outfit "that best represents his or her impact on the fashion world," according to F.I.T.'s press release. Organized by Diane Von Furstenberg, the show will be on view from February 10 to April 20 of next year. You can see a preview of the exhibit, including the Narciso Rodriguez dress worn by Michelle Obama on election night and a Traina‑Norell outfit owned by Lauren Bacall, in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat