At yesterday's Cinema Society screening of Madonna's new film W.E., held at MoMA and sponsored by Piaget, the pop star turned director confessed that she was in dire need of a drink. "I have a really big knot in my stomach. And no one has offered me a glass of Champagne, like they did [at the screenings] in Venice or Toronto or London,” she announced before the movie started. "So I’m sober, and I hope I like the film." The audience, Madonna noted, included artists she reveres, like Julian Schnabel and Patti Smith. "It's added an extra layer of tension,” she added humbly.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat