Although photographer Mario Sorrenti said that he "didn't want the pictures to be sexy at all," his 2012 Pirelli calendar, the Rolls Royce of pinups, is about three-dozen perky breasts away from that goal. In some ways this year's calendar is no different from previous editions, in that all its very high-profile subjects are very naked. But in other ways, it's quite different: The outdoor staging is incredibly simple, with no props at all save an odd couch placed under a tree. The models all look natural and sleepy and a little bit damp, as if they'd been lying in some dew-soaked grass. Or, you know, spritzed by a team of assistants with spray bottles. See all 25 photos in this NSFW slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?