Olivier Theyskens is known for putting himself in his customers' shoes — after all, this is the designer who tried on his own high heel designs to make sure women could walk in them. But of course, he doesn't imagine himself as just any girl: "It’s more like me as I imagine I would like my clothes to be if I was a cool girl," he tells Into the Gloss. "Would I want to dress like that? Would I like to wear that jacket?" This philosophy extends into the realm of makeup, too — Theyskens used to wear a lot of black eyeliner, but once "guyliner" became a thing, he lost interest; you'll see that models in his recent runway shows were spared eyeliner as well (perhaps they owe Pete Wentz a thank-you note). His hairstylist, Odile Gilbert, sums this up: "Oliver has very strong opinions about how the girls should look ... he'd like for them to look like him."
Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Pregnancy Rates Falling in America
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol
- 30 Fancy Box Clutches for Holiday Parties
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- Marion Cotillard’s Non-Dior Moment
- Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.