Maybe it's the speculation over who will take the reins at Dior or the return to ladylike dressing, with style stars like Kate Middleton and Michelle Obama favoring more demure silhouettes: Whatever's in the air, the pre-fall shows have churned out dress after dress with a nipped waist and a free-flowing skirt reminiscent of Christian Dior's seminal New Look collection. At Jason Wu, a patterned A-line dress was kept from looking overtly retro with modern styling touches like a cinched leather belt and long leather gloves. Known for her formalwear Monique Lhuillier crafted a floaty black-and-white patterned frock, begging to be worn on at a red-carpet event. And at Calvin Klein, Francisco Costa delivered the house's signature minimalism with a textured yet sleek dress, perfect for an hourglass figure.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives