As the darkest time of the year approaches, most folks start their mornings fumbling around in the dark, squinting into their closets for something to wear; it's no wonder black becomes a predominant color choice. But black doesn't necessarily mean boring: This week's style blogs showed lots of somber-yet-chic outfits, including Natasha Poly in a paneled charcoal coat, shot in New York by Pop Bop & Snap, and COTTD's Cindy Van Der Heyden in black to from head to boot-clad toe. Others accented a mostly black outfit with one particularly striking piece: StyleScrapbook's Andy Torres added a gold sequined miniskirt, for example, while Altamira captured Arizona Muse in a simple silk dress with a bold patterned shoe.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?